The best pubs, brasseries, taverns and dives screening Habs games across the city.
An ode to the Habs shooting star, who will soon burn brightly in Nashville, and an analysis of what brought him down.
* Visionary, surreal work by artists including H.R. Giger at Éco-Musée du fier monde
* The biennial VIVA! Art Action begins
* JJ Levine at Concordia Co-op Bookstore’s Local Legends Reading Series
* First Habs game of the NHL season
* Village des Voleurs fundraiser for Jeff Louch at Bar le Ritz PDB
* Milk & Bone afterparty at Datcha
If you’ve yet to lock down your game-watching ritual, here are seven recommended places to watch the playoffs.
Coderre calls for longer bar hours, CRTC calls for sexier CanCon, Habs score new blood & more in our news round-up.
The Blackhawks’ Stanley Cup victory may be problematic on several levels, but at least the Bruins didn’t win.
With the playoffs upon us, we enlisted our in-house bro, Tom Broasso, to give us his take on the Habs-Sens series. We also sent photographer Cindy Lopez out to chronicle some of the fanfare surrounding the games.
Montreal Stars captain Lisa-Marie Breton-Lebreux on her team and life in the Canadian Women’s Hockey League.
Wondering WTF happened this week? In this week’s Wednesday-thru-Friday round-up, we’ve got that stellar piece of crap “Notre Home,” the Habs buying back their fans’ love and Ste-Agathe kicking the English straight out of its municipal mailings. Yo, what up, Québec?!
Quebec sovereignty movement is back, Scott Gomez is gone, anglos prepare for their imminent escape and more in our Monday news roundup.