The days of singer/rapper Zach Zoya being a well-kept Montreal secret are about to be over. This kid is a real one and he’s going places.
* Drake and Migos at the Bell Centre
* Monolord and Death Wheelers at la Vitrola
* Peaches Lepage drag cabaret at Bar le Ritz
+ more music, film, art, theatre and comedy events.
It’s tempting to label Drake’s 25-track double-album “ambitious,” but truthfully, he’s been the single hardest-working artist in hip hop for a considerable, hit-laden stretch of time.
* The Tour de l’Île is on
* Last day of the Puces POP sale
* Robin Gorn launches her LP SoftWing at the Rialto Theatre
* Articule hosts a Newfoundland feast at Bethlehem XXX
* Drake plays the Bell Centre
* The Mutek festival wraps with a double program at the MAC
* Cinema Politica screens 2014 documentary Born in Gaza
* Author Joseph Boyden discusses Writing Who We Are at Concordia
* Blue Dog’s weekly stand-up comedy showcase There’s Something Funny Going On
* Jeunesse Cosmique 5th anniversary show/party feat. Sally Paradise, BYO music, holograms
* Overdose on Drake at Korova Bar’s $ucka Free Monday
Drake vs. Kanye + all the rap shows and dance parties fit to print (and even some that aren’t, because that guy should be in jail, maybe).
* Le Cheese launches le Pop Up
* The Montreal English Theatre Awards
* Cinema Politica present Born This Way
* Drake at the Bell Centre
* The Men at Il Motore
* Jacco Gardner at Divan Orange
How one local band is fighting back after police shut down their Tuesday residency at a St-Laurent club. PLUS: The coming week’s top hip hop events.