Best of Suoni’s last week plus more killer gigs happening around the city.
* Immersia at Bâtiment 7
* Afro-groove at Club Balattou
* Spencer Krug at Sala Rossa
* Dramatik at les Francos
The good news is that Young Galaxy is releasing a new EP. The other news is that Young Galaxy is going on indefinite hiatus.
An interview with singer Catherine McCandless about the personal motivation and gear acquisition that makes their fifth album so great.
Hear local musicians’ favourite Bowie tunes and read about how his music affected them and their work + watch Arcade Fire’s memorial Bowie parade in New Orleans.
* Café Plume fourth anniversary treat
* Montreal Uke Fest at Casa del Popolo & la Sala Rossa
* Rival rooftop BBQs on St-Laurent
* Van Horne Station block party
* Sugar Coated doc w/ director & science prof at Cinéma du Parc
* Boston lady punks Ursula play Bar-Pub St-Denis
* Chicago synth wave bands Gel Set and Spa Moans play Matahari
We spoke to the operator of the “Frankenbus” and a member of Plants and Animals ahead of today’s free show in the Old Port.
* Osheaga block party on St-Laurent
* Fringe Fest in full effect
* Playlist vernissage
* Young Galaxy, Plants and Animals & DJ F.U.N.K.
* Maica Mia live at Breakglass
* Nymphomaniac at the Phi Centre
Hear the best tunes made in Montreal this year.
See local hip hop, rock, pop & electronic acts on home ice at last week’s festival of Montreal music. Photos by Cindy Lopez.