Amie Watson’s new app lets you swipe your way to your next meal.
The top 36 parties large and small, plus film screenings, theatre events, ghost walks and more.
* Yelp Helps tribute to MTL non-profits in Fringe Park
* Fringe Fest continues, check out our picks!
* Advanced screening of Sofia Coppola’s The Bling Ring
* Suoni per il Popolo festival presents Elfin Saddle
* Danish post-hardcore band Iceage play Il Motore
In its unrelenting push for tourist dollars, the city has convinced would-be visitors that its underground is a serious draw. But what do tourists think of this so-called subterranean metropolis? We asked, and the Internet answered.
* Conference on local cultural heritage
* Collision 9 vernissage at Parisian Laundry
* Yelp and Blue Skies Turn Black mixer & open mic
* Antonioni’s Zabriskie Point screens
* Éducation pour tous! demonstration
* Hilotrons and Yellow Jacket Avenger play Casa
Free donuts! Hustle to the launch party for Chez Boris and scarf down some hot, fresh carbs, just because you can. 5151 Parc, 9 a.m.–9 p.m.
Chow down on free food and drinks while meeting with representatives from a variety of local and international charities to see which one might best benefit from your donation at Yelp Helps. Les Deux Gamins (170 Prince Arthur E.), 4-6 p.m., free
The Just for Laughs Film Festival wraps up with acclaimed documentary Beauty Is Embarrassing. NFB Cinérobothèque (1564 St-Denis), 7 p.m., $12.39
Catch a new documentary about Montreal’s the Dears, feat. one of Cult MTL’s editors at their old Mirror cubicle. CBC, 7 p.m.