You won’t believe which Wonder Wheel character is the director’s surrogate.
A review of Allen’s old-Hollywood opus Café Society, starring Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart.
Just in time for Republican Convention week, we spoke to the political comic about Trump, the media and stupidity.
Reviews of new films by Woody Allen and Ken Loach from the world’s most glamorous film fest.
Colin Firth and Emma Stone flirt robotically in 1920s France in Allen’s new mediocre romantic comedy.
John Turturro directs Woody Allen in Fading Gigolo, a tale of sex, money and religion.
* Kafka’s Ape at Bain St-Michel
* Grinders Comedy Lab at Theatre Ste-Catherine
* Pete Rock and CL Smooth at Cabaret Underworld
* Noche and Blue Jasmine at the PHI Centre
* Said the Whale play Sala Rossa
Woody Allen’s newest, Blue Jasmine, doesn’t disappoint and delivers another neurotic protagonist.
Ahead of his promotion company’s fifth anniversary bash at Il Motore tomorrow night, Noah Bick shares his Fleetwood Mac fantasies, alternate career plans for Arcade Fire’s Tim Kingsbury, feelings about Mile End’s best hairdo and beard and so much more.
* Ariane Moffatt gets remixed
* Local Legends final reading by Rae Spoon
* Woody Allen retrospective at Cinéma du Parc
* Maria Trezanini at Festival du monde arabe
* Dance your face off at Cntrl: Beyond EDM
>> Click to read more…