The top rock, punk, metal, noise and weird pop events in Montreal this week, PLUS: A review of last week’s Melvins show.
* Free bubble tea at Chatime Bubble Tea Lounge’s new location
* Alexandraplatz’s May Market in Mile Ex
* National Drone Music Day show at Eastern Bloc
* Makers Meetup at Helios Makerspace
* Evan Dando plays Bar le Ritz PDB
* “Bossy” Missy Elliott party presented by Cerise sur le Gâteau
Start jamming vitamin C into your face immediately, and buckle up, buckos. It’s POP Montreal.
May 10 has been designated Drone Day by Weird Canada, our nation’s Mounties of experimental music. Click here for a mix by Constellation Records, a word from Weird’s executive director & info about a local D-Day event.
* Wyrd Distro launch at Sonorama
* Winter’s Bone at Cinémathèque québécoise
* NDQ’s 2nd Anniversary
* The List at Théâtre La Chapelle
* Kids Eat Crayons at Casa del Popolo
* PyPy’s record launch at TRH-Bar
Weird Canada’s Marie Flanagan explains how the music blog is expanding to help independent musicians sell records.
* Wyrd IV at Casa del Popolo
* Alexanderplatz is open
* Jason Urban vernissage at Monastiraki
* JessGO show opens at Galerie 203
* Street Like That premiere at TRH-Bar
* Trigger Effect album launch at Il Motore
* Rolling Stoned DJ night @ Underworld