A music festival guaranteed to turn your grey matter to guacamole is underway.
The Montreal trio returns with an impressive new record, launching this week.
* Wellington, Monkland & St-Laurent street sales
* Off-Broadway comedy Mistakes Were Made opens at MainLine Theatre
* thisquietarmy at la Vitrola
* Passovah presents Brave Radar, Molly Sweeney & 8 more bands at Casa del Popolo
* Charity concert at the Corona as part of Goal MTL
* Ricardo Cavolo/MURAL fest pop-up sale at Station 16
* Mile End’s Marché des Possibles opening party
* Socalled & We Are Wolves play Plaza St-Hubert
* Just for Laughs presents The Nasty Show at Club Soda
* Opening weekend party at Luwan
Looking back at the shows, the secret showcases, the parties and the vibes at M for Montreal 2013.
See local hip hop, rock, pop & electronic acts on home ice at last week’s festival of Montreal music. Photos by Cindy Lopez.
The music festival that presents local talent to international industry types and invites hometown fans to the party runs this Wednesday through Saturday. See our recommendations here.
* Divers/Cité’s Sunday Brunch
* Dance it out at Le Grand Bal
* Osheaga continues + afterparty feat. Hot Chip & We Are Wovles
* First Peoples’ Festival closing film Winter in the Blood
* SuperSunday Improv Bash at Montreal Improv
* Punk rock fest RRRÖÖÖAAARRR closes
M for Mikey wraps NXNE with a second report on Toronto’s mega music festival, wherein he witnesses the second coming, feeds poutine to rappers, checks some buzz bands, spills uncomfortable secrets and gets followed home by a lady with a craving for candy.
Launching a record with two shows at Sala, this week, one of the best musicians ever to grace our city. PLUS great live music all week c/o Nails, Titus Andronicus, Saltland, Li’l Andy, Putamen Insula and We Are Wolves, and DJ nights, karaoke and ’80s horror on screen.