The gigs of the week, including the gothfather, the ultimate stoner genius and one of Montreal’s best musicians.
* Valentine’s popup at La Montréalaise
* Singles night at Île Noire
* Queer Tech/AI Ethics Institute conference
* Le Ethnic Show at Bootlegger
* Jason Bajada at le Ministère
* Warbly Jets at Quai des Brumes
A list of recommended wines and pairings for Valentine’s Day or other festive occasions.
* Rainbow Story Hour at Drawn and Quarterly
* Black Girl Bliss at Ausgang
* 50th anniversary of Congrès des écrivains noirs de Montréal
* Alien at Cinéma de Sève
* Marin Patenaude at Casa
* Boyz N the Hood at WeWork
* Calder night at MMFA
* DIY Valentine’s Day at Art Hive
* Dolly Blonde at Casa
* Bats in the Belfry at Bar de Courcelle
Right before Valentine’s Day, artist Zeynep Kecelioglu explores the phenomenon known as ghosting.
Noncommittal, underwhelming fuckboi is optimistic about this year’s strategy.
How to Be Single is here just in time to fizzle your Valentine’s Day date.
Starring Yves Bolduc and François Legault (and the high school strip search) and Peter Mackay and Stephen Harper (and the anti-Islam, anti-Quebec brigade).
Record-breaking relentless cold is ruining our lives.