There’s a lot to love in Jim Jarmusch’s zombie comedy, but the indie auteur also seems to be working in resigned autopilot mode.
An altogether glowing review of Old Stock: A Refugee Love Story, which closes next Wednesday.
* My Playwright Sister, Human Traffic Jam & Iredea at the Fringe
* Dead Obies play the FrancoFolies music fest
* Heart of Friday Night all-star tribute to Tom Waits
* Candyass Cabaret beach party at Café Cleopatra
* Afro-Night at la Marché à Coté
The guys-with-guns genre is played out. What’s a guy (In Bruges director Martin McDonagh) to do but to follow it up with a self-indulgent, rambling meta-movie that points out exactly what is wrong with the genre?