One of the greatest, loudest bands on the planet comes to week two of Suoni per il Popolo + more brutal assaults on your hearing.
* Last day of the Taste of the Caribbean festival in the Old Port
* Hua Li and Marshia Celina talk personas, hip hop and feminism
* Battlewar Block Party wrestling at Foufounes Électriques
* Poet Ian Ferrier launches a new book at Casa del Popolo
* Swans member Thor Harris plays his first solo show at la Vitrola
* Local producer/MC Jai Nitai Lotus & his band play the Jazz Fest
The Swans band member, multi-instrumentalist and writer is playing his first ever show as a solo artist in Montreal this weekend.
A rundown of hot and heavy Montreal shows off the festival circuit this week, from local record launches and tour kick-off gigs to deep-fried sludge from the Southern U.S.