The top 36 parties large and small, plus film screenings, theatre events, ghost walks and more.
It’s a stacked September for great gigs, including local post-rock legends and day one of the POP Montreal music festival.
The Southwest festival has a new outdoor site with more stages and more venues than ever in its eighth year.
* Eve Gravel/Uranium sample sale opening cocktail
* Toronto lit scenesters read poetry at Argo Bookshop
* Visions film series presents Lost and Found shorts program
* Brave New Productions’ 33 Variations opens at Théâtre Paradoxe
* Synthscapists including Vessel and Essaie Pas play la Vitrola
* My Playwright Sister, Human Traffic Jam & Iredea at the Fringe
* Dead Obies play the FrancoFolies music fest
* Heart of Friday Night all-star tribute to Tom Waits
* Candyass Cabaret beach party at Café Cleopatra
* Afro-Night at la Marché à Coté
With a new youth bursary & emerging artists stage, a landmark event at a new venue & a whole weekend of free shows, Folk is doing good work for this town.
* Experimental Documentary Night
* Final day of the MTL Acapella festival
* Le Cagibi Cult Movie Night
* Comedy Nest’s Battlecom
* Operators play Il Motore
* The Concordia Film Fest continues
* The MTL Acapella festival at Théâtre Paradoxe
* Owen Pallett plays Sala Rossa
* The Smiffs (Suuns) Smiths tribute at Il Motore
* Kiss! Meets the Phantom of the Park at the NOAH
* The Lox at Arena
* Chocolate Jungle at le Belmont