Highlights of the 17th edition of the festival that’s set to rule the town next week.
* MC5’s Wayne Kramer at Théâtre Corona
* Steve Earle and the Dukes at MTelus
* Idles and Bambara at Théâtre Fairmount
* SALES and Blue J at Bar Le Ritz
* Olivier Grossetête installation for Escales Improbables art festival
* YUL EAT festival begins
* Saint Etienne plays Théâtre Fairmount
* îleSoniq day 1 at Parc Jean-Drapeau
* Cielo film opens
* Christian Löffler & Van Did play Théâtre Fairmount
* SOIR fest in Petite-Patrie
* Illusion is the official opening show of Fierté Montréal Pride
*Alaclair Ensemble play alley show in Hochelaga
*Local designer pop-up shop Aire Commune
*Deafheaven, Drab Majesty and Uniform at Théâtre Fairmount
*Chris Gethard performs solo show for JFL
*Slut Island music fest at le Ritz
Legends of avant-garde music are playing Montreal PLUS another alt hero headlines Witchfest, a DJ night turns 21 & more!
Masters of metal and Montreal bands dominate our weekly rundown of the best shows in town.
It’s a stacked September for great gigs, including local post-rock legends and day one of the POP Montreal music festival.
The California rapper and his band the Free Nationals played a free show to a full-capacity crowd at Théâtre Fairmount.
One of the greatest, loudest bands on the planet comes to week two of Suoni per il Popolo + more brutal assaults on your hearing.