Between, POP, Varning and more great non-fest gigs, there is officially too much to do.
Giants of drone, punk overload, local records a-launchin’, one of MTL’s best bands and more sick gigs this week.
We spoke to the leader of the Sam Roberts Band about their ambitious new record.
An interview with the Danish pop singer and songwriter behind “Lean On” and “Final Song.”
Whether you’re a student or Plateau dweller cursing the influx of fresh blood, here’s where to head-bang the pain away.
The Toronto-based band is playing the Corona with openers Mardeen and Partner.
The Long Beach indie rock band is playing the Corona Theatre with Maudlin Strangers and Kinsey.
* Austin art scene short-film program curated by Jonathan Demme at Phi Centre
* Phenomena Festival election party at la Sala Rossa
* Election parties at Quai des Brumes and l’Escogriffe
* Cold War Kids play Théâtre Corona Virgin Mobile
* There’s Something Funny Going On stand-up night, election edition
* Three screenings of MTL sci-fi film Turbo Kid at Université de Montréal
* Beat Market album launch at Newspeak
* Lianne La Havas at Théâtre Corona Virgin Mobile
* Thundercat and Karneef play Théâtre Fairmount
* One Man Band festival presents Garbageface, Jonah Haché and Xania