Spring has brought an abundance of sick clips by local bands. Feel the freshness.
* Spring POP show in Parc Ex with AfrikElectro & more
* Art Happening Artistique’s Art Feast art fair
* Alexandraplatz Night Market in Mile Ex
* Mont-Royal’s sidewalk sale and Pavé Poésie festival
* Chromatic art & music block party w/ DJ Lexis, Earth Crusher & more
* Fashion Night Out pop-up shop at Newspeak
* Café Atomic 10th bday party with the World Provider and Mermaids live
Dive in to heaviosity at the gigs that get Johnson’s seal of approval, and dig in to some crates at three very cool vinyl sales.
* Local food & music history at the McCord Museum
* Comedy battle royale at Zoofest
* A killer gig at la Vitrola
* Killer weather & a riff on found-footage horror at Fantasia
From classic punk to ballast-blast to ultra-seething sonic fuckery, there’s a little something for all heaviosity connoisseurs this week.
* Anarchist Bookfair
* Bazaar of the Bizarre
* Szef Bartek Dan Dan “porky Asian noodle brunch”
* Marie Chouinard performs, “In Museum”
* Passeport Dare-Dare
* Villa Maria Music & Arts Festival
* The Montreal Underground Film Festival
* Dirty Dogs @ TFH-BAR terrasse
* Buster Keaton’s The General
* Sight & Sound festival presents OHM IV
* Ken Loach’s It’s a Free World…
Assessing My Career as a Jerk, a documentary about oh-so seminal punk band Circle Jerks. PLUS the shows you need to see this week, starting tonight. That’s right, it’s time to leave the apartment.
* 56 Up screens at Parc
* The Pouteens, the World Provider and more play for WFMU
* Bootie-shakin’ beats with DJ Tamika
* Sheer Agony and company at Drones Club
* Read the RantLine™!
* See documentary film Kavalina v. Exxon free
* See cult film Roller Town, comedy troupe Picnicface’s disco-themed adventure
* Catch the World Provider and Peaches, Joey Bada$$ and Juicy J & more Pop Montreal madness
* Join the cardboard tube fight