The local singer-songwriter’s multilingual, multi-rhythmic new record, Le Dernier Empereur Bantou, brings a Québécois twist to Afro-electro.
A report from the 12th edition of the Emerging Music Festival in Rouyn-Noranda, site of an annual explosion of fresh sounds and cross-linguistic artistic harmony.
* Crew up with the cast of Brooklyn Nine-Nine at Just for Laughs
* Rimbaud-inspired performative art at the Darling Foundry
* 3 critics’ picks at the Fantasia film fest
* Vice photo exhibit at Yves Laroche Gallery
* The Posterz and les Anticipateurs play the MEG fest
Great bands, great people, great times, captured by Lisa Sproull & Cindy Lopez.
See Aretha Franklin, St. Vincent, Maxwell, the Stephen Barry Band, the Posterz, Deltron 3030 & many more, shot by Cindy Lopez.
We’ve told you where to find the jazz, now here’s what’s good in pop, rock, electronic & hip hop at the 35th edition of FIJM.
* The Iliad at the Centaur
* Dance get remixed at Studio 303
* King of the Can rail jam at Katacombes
* Heels on Wheels Glitter Roadshow at Café l’Artère
* A novel Walmart doc screens at the Cinemathèque québécoise
* Show & Tell: Open Decks Sundays at Blizzarts