The best of the annual fest PLUS the rest of the top gigs of the week.
* Montreal Metropolitan Orchestra documentary
* Bulma Bar soft opening
* Border at Cinéma du Parc
* Xarah Dion at Breakglass Studio
* Holy Queers at Café Cléopâtre
* Jacobus at Théâtre Outremont
* The High Dials at Quai des Brumes
* LIP party at la Sotterenea
Hear local musicians’ favourite Bowie tunes and read about how his music affected them and their work + watch Arcade Fire’s memorial Bowie parade in New Orleans.
There are plenty of shows and DJ nights happening this week so if you want to beat that cabin fever get your ass off the couch and get out there.
We spoke to the Montreal indie pop band about their new record, In the A.M. Wilds, launching this week.
* Rare John Ford silent film screens at the Cinémathèque Québecoise
* Kosher Jokes for the Halaladays stand-up show at the Comedy Nest
* Local indie/classic pop bands the High Dials and Sunfields play Divan Orange
* Bahamadia, Georgia Anne Muldrow & Jai Nitai Lotus play le Belmont
* Australian electronic artist Dreems launches an LP with a party at Datcha
See and hear some of the mind-bending sounds and visuals in store for audiences at the third annual Psych Fest, happening this weekend.
* Kubrick flicks at Cinéma du Parc
* Marc Gagnon at O Patro Vys
* Trampoline at MainLine Theatre
* EMA at Il Motore
* The High Dials play L’Escogriffe
Too bad three of them are happening tonight. Decisions decisions.
Check out these new music videos.