The best of the annual fest PLUS the rest of the top gigs of the week.
One of the greatest, loudest bands on the planet comes to week two of Suoni per il Popolo + more brutal assaults on your hearing.
We spoke to Michael Bardier, the man behind Heavy Trip, about how he’s helping to refuel the city’s indie music scene.
* St-Laurent street sales + MURAL
* Mondial de la Bière
* Four Minutes to Midnight launch at Formats
* A Small Family Business at Forum Cinema
* Sonic Avenues record launch at Casa del Popolo
* M 4 Mikey hosts Booby Trap at Rockette
* Fiona Annis workshop
* History of Games International conference
* Québec Love dance party
* Wu-Tang Clan’s RZA presents The Man With the Iron Fists
* Sonic Avenues & co. at Brasserie Beaubien
* Fringe closing party + Frankie Awards
If you haven’t heard, last weekend’s Rockfest in Montebello was a shit-show. Our columnist Johnson Cummins worked the festival, and found himself on the wrong end of a near-riot. Thank Christ for Black Flag.
Bazillion Points’ beautifully packaged book We Got Power! Hardcore Punk Scenes From 1980s Southern California offers a glimpse at music history with period zines and newly unearthed photos. Plus: High on Fire, Six Organs of Admittance and other great heavyweight shows and DJ nights this week.