Punk, black metal Americana and shoegaze shows, local band launches and the fest with the most heart.
This week’s top album launches and punk, rock, metal and synth shows + reflections on the passing of two very different music legends.
We spoke to some of the members of Oh Hi, a group of local musicians banding together for art’s sake.
* The Colour of Desire erotic art exhibit
* Le Cinéclub screens David Lynch’s Wild at Heart
* Passovah Valentine’s Day mega-show at Bar le Ritz PDB
* Arbutus Records Valentine’s evening party
* How to Be Good at Love comedy show at ComedyWorks
* Jeremy Price vernissage at Mainline Gallery
* Refugee fundraiser at Laïka
* Palestinian Perspectives at Cinémathèque québécoise
* Paper Beat Scissors play Casa del Popolo
* Car Seat Headrest play Bar le Ritz PDB
* Calgary Stampede breakfast, country music & sketch comedy at Théâtre Sainte Catherine
* Oh Hi collective presents a bunch of cool bands at Marché des Possibles
* Mundial Montreal kicks off the Weekends du Monde feat. Kid Koala, Valérie Daure, Poirier Sound System
* BadBadNotGood & Ghostface Killah + Music Is My Sanctuary afterparty at the Jazz Fest
* Lisbon Lux Peel Basin dance party
* See work by 100 artists at 5445 de Gaspé open house
* 1986 U.K. neo-noir cult classic Mona Lisa screens at Concordia
* Danger Dulgar Comedy at Bifteck
* The Young and Smokes play la Vitrola
* Multi Culti play Bethlehem XXX
* Gentrification panel at Concordia
* Reel Activism screen The Cove
* The Ladies & Gentlemen Comedy Show at Shäika Café
* Slight, Smokes and People on Pause play Casa
See the procession of fresh bands, DJs & familiar faces doing new things at Passovah’s winter festival. Photos by Lisa Sproull.
Local live band Jerusalem in My Heart launch their debut album, and it’ll wring you the fuck out. PLUS the week’s calendar for live rock, punk, comedy and R&B (?!), from Attention at tonight’s launch for stagebanter.ca to Corona Ferox and more 13th anniversary action at l’Esco to the weekend’s Oi fest, featuring Rush. Or not.