Get ready for hangovers and bangovers as local and touring acts rip up local stages, including one of Canada’s heaviest bands.
We spoke to the composer/violinist/Arcade Fire member about her brilliant new record, her new band and more.
Johnson’s concert picks for the week feat. the Suoni per il Popolo festival, Montreal bands launching records and more important gigs to pummel your eardrums with.
* When Marnie Was There screens at Cinéma du Parc
* Mural Fest conference w/ photographer Martha Cooper & Burning Man’s Crimson Rose
* Comedian Doug Stanhope performs at Club Soda
* Washington punk doc Salad Days screens at Fouf
* Colin Stetson and Sarah Neufeld play la Sala Rossa
* Local band Pachyderm launches a new LP, Two Weeks of Spring
The renowned saxophonist & violinist finally made a record together. This week they’re playing it live in Montreal.
Johnson’s picks from Suoni per il Popolo, one of the most progressive, eclectic festivals happening anywhere.
Fresh videos by singers, players, rappers and producers from the four corners of the local scene.
The band wrapped their Reflektor world tour with a hometown concert under the stars at Parc Jean-Drapeau on Saturday.
Montreal’s #1 musical export played a not-so-secret show at Salsathèque, the second in a series. Cult MTL was there.
EXCLUSIVE: Cult MTL is proud to host the online premiere of “Spaces and Bones,” the very first in a series of shorts by Derrick Belcham that fuses together dance, experimental video and independent music.