Just the best shows in town this week.
PLUS Johnson’s gig of the week is a major rager happening TONIGHT!
Garage pop, indie rock, mind-bending psych, a metric ton of metal and two sick festivals hit Montreal stages this week.
* Black Conversations at Phi Centre
* All We Have Is Now at Nomad LIfe
* AfriColumbia Carnaval at Sala
* Thanya Iyer and Sam Shelabi at Resonance
* LuvHaus with Franz and Diskommander
* Japanese pop-up at Pelicano
Rejoice! The January lull is over.
* Alt Media Fair at Concordia Coop Bookstore
* Winter expos at Never Apart
* Igloofest starts
* Yannick Fornarcciari’s “Heroin Days” at WIC
* De.Ville at Maison 2109
* Jessica Moss at Bar le Ritz
POP Montreal and A Varning From Montreal are all heart and their programming proves it.
Highlights of the second week of programming plus more great gigs off the festival path.
Some serious (and in some cases criminally unsung) talents are playing Montreal stages. Don’t sleep.
* Colours of Jazz at the Museum of Fine Arts
* Howl! arts collective benefit show for the Native Friendship Centre
* Terminator 1 & 2 screenings at Bar le Ritz PDB
* Psych-pop bands from Toronto, Detroit & Montreal at l’Esco
* 10th anniversary of Salon Daomé DJ night Dizzy