Our vernissage rundown feat. Sobey Art Prize 2015 longlisted artist Raymond Boisjoly, new grads and emerging artists + gallery & museum listings.
Your guide to the arts scene, featuring vernissages for shows about junkspace, centaurs and gentrification, and more shows involving performance art and robots.
* Clothing swap (feat. BeDazzler) at RATS 9 gallery
* Hivernale outdoor party with DJs, bar, skating, Norwegian food
* Anti-shale fracking talk at Chez Boris
* Montreal & Toronto experimental pop/psych bands at the Plant
* Parisian rapper Teki Latex live at Blue Dog
Kent Monkman’s Urban Res opens tomorrow PLUS all the other vernissages, art festivals and gallery & museum events in Montreal.
* Ile Soniq
* Reggae Festival
* Vernissage at Rats9
* Collision Collective dance at Zone Homa
* Il Motore closing party
* LGBT shows & clubbing outside the Village
What’s happening in the city’s art scene right now.
While most of the galleries were closed over the summer, the drought has officially ended with a deluge of new shows, gallery openings and vernissages this week. Here are a few you should know about.
* Day two of Falla
* Qouleur vernissage at Rats 9
* Temple of Boom at Ink City North
* Todd Stewart vernissage at Galerie Wilder & Davis
* Vivarium project launch at NDQ
* All-girls party: Crush at Club Soda
* MTL Pride’s official Boys Party at Apollon
* Under Pressure’s Women in Hip Hop conference
* Stomp Records & Greenland’s Lac-Mégantic benefit
* Pervers/Cité’s annual Dyke March
* Space Dates at Rats 9
* Etienne de Crecy at le Belmont
Your guide to what’s happening at all three of Montreal’s Pride Week’s, Divers/Cité, Pervers/Cité and Montreal Pride.