A killer ex-pat duo, ’90s hardcore heroes and one of our city’s best (but criminally unsung) bands.
* First Peoples’ House pow-wow
* Gothfest at Katacombes
* La Force plays Phi Centre
* Red Bull Music Academy presents Arbutus Records 10th anniversary
* Les BOF! and Head Henchmen at Quai des Brumes
* Joris Voorn and Riico play l’Astral
One of Johnson’s favourite live bands ever is playing this week, along with hardcore legends, locals launching records & more.
Heroes of punk, metal, psych, stoner rock and darkened disco are setting up at venues near you.
The top 36 parties large and small, plus film screenings, theatre events, ghost walks and more.
…and more great gigs in Montreal this week.
It’s a stacked September for great gigs, including local post-rock legends and day one of the POP Montreal music festival.
Get ready for hangovers and bangovers as local and touring acts rip up local stages, including one of Canada’s heaviest bands.
PLUS local bands launch EPs, return from five weeks in the Canadian wilderness & party with a onetime child-star of punk rock.
* Circuits of Consumption symposium at Eastern Bloc
* Beats to Eat brunch at Fresh Paint Gallery
* Lisa Leblanc plays Quai des Brumes
* The Film Society screens Jour de Fête
* Open Michelle at Comedy Nest
* Gabi plays Casa del Popolo
* Jazz & Dilla at Honey Martin