A music festival guaranteed to turn your grey matter to guacamole is underway.
Freebies, psych-outs, metal battles, West Coast acts on tour (what were they thinking? HAHAHAHA) and tight local bands keeping our venues warm.
Some of this province’s best new movies — and top films of 2014 — are screening this month at the Rendez-vous du cinéma québécois.
Listen to the best tunes made in Montreal this year.
We spoke to Michael Bardier, the man behind Heavy Trip, about how he’s helping to refuel the city’s indie music scene.
Hardcore legends, thrash vets, local LP launches, M for Montreal, doomy metal obliteration (with godspeed!) & more Montreal gigs to destroy your ears and guts.
There are so many heavy shows happening this week, even in the lead-up to POP Montreal.
The St-Denis rock bar celebrates its 14th bday with (what else?) a bunch of killer shows + more must-see heavy gigs in the week to come.
* Cheap Thrills at Forum Cinema
* Docville presents Jodorowsky’s Dune
* 4 Shits & Giggles at Café Aléatoire
* Kraftwerk Pop Art at the SAT
* Pypy play L’Escogriffe with Leamers
* DJ Cadence Weapon at Nouveau Palais
* Wyrd Distro launch at Sonorama
* Winter’s Bone at Cinémathèque québécoise
* NDQ’s 2nd Anniversary
* The List at Théâtre La Chapelle
* Kids Eat Crayons at Casa del Popolo
* PyPy’s record launch at TRH-Bar