An annual outreach program won’t solve the cop problems we have in Montreal — and we have a lot of them.
Now that the justice system has failed 37 women who made assault complaints against Val d’Or cops, a new approach is needed.
Campaign Zero, which arose out of the BLM movement, should be applied in Canada as well as the U.S.
Is punching unarmed protesters in the face the new norm? An eyewitness report on May Day’s heavy-handed crackdown, kettling and police brutality.
* Ariane Moffatt launches her new album, 22h22
* Racial Profiling and Police Brutality From Ferguson to Palestine talk at McGill
* Art Matters presents the Off Kilter vernissage at Espace Fibre
* Comedic storytelling by B.C. author Jonathan Baum at Argo Bookshop
* Danish synth-wave trio Lust for Youth play la Vitrola
Listen to the track and read our interview with local MC/ singer and creative entrepreneur Jonathan Émile here.
Far too many misunderstood sick people have been shot by Montreal police over the years. But a new report out of Toronto could prevent this from ever happening again.
Alain Magloire was shot dead by Montreal police on Monday, the third such incident in three years. And once again, the shooter will be exonerated.
On Oct. 22, the manif, as it were, was en cours. Lucas Wisenthal reported back from the final event of the day.