We spoke to Ilona Martonfi about her new collection, Salt Bride.
A new issue of Vallum magazine and A.F. Moritz’s Art of Surgery launch this weekend.
The application window for the 2019 St-Ambroise Montreal Fringe Festival is about to open.
The team behind Hybrid Heaven talks Mark Zuckerberg, urban decay and the publishing game.
The anglo literary scene comes alive this fall as several Montrealers release books with both local and Canadian publishers.
* Eve Gravel/Uranium sample sale opening cocktail
* Toronto lit scenesters read poetry at Argo Bookshop
* Visions film series presents Lost and Found shorts program
* Brave New Productions’ 33 Variations opens at Théâtre Paradoxe
* Synthscapists including Vessel and Essaie Pas play la Vitrola
Poetry, puppetry, dance, theatre and cabaret come together at Phenomena festival, which offers a week’s worth of bizarre and compelling interdisciplinary performances steeped in Dada and surrealism to get you in the mood for Halloween.
* Polaris Music Prize gala
* Cinema Politica screen Bidder 70
* Prince Avalanche at the PHI Centre
* Alison Louder’s Hot Pink at MainLine Theatre
* Poetry at Kafein
Three new books that will make you fall in love with contemporary Canadian poetry: David Seymour’s For Display Purposes Only, Andrew Faulkner’s Need Machine and Julie Bruck’s GG-winning Monkey Ranch.
Local poet Greg Santos remixes 1994 Pulitzer Prize winner The Journey in the Dark for the Pulitzer Remix project, a found poetry remix initiative to celebrate National Poetry Month.