Four shops in Mile End are being fined thousands of dollars for very minor infractions.
* Record Store Day!
* Double vernissage at Oboro
* Spiritualized at Corona
* Acquired Tastes at Phi Centre
* Full Metal Jacket at Cinéma du Parc
* Homegrown Harvest after-hours
An interview with Nick Schofield (Saxsyndrum) and Alexia Avina, launching a new cassette this week.
See what the local shops are doing for the 10th edition of this international event. PLUS: 10 interesting RSD exclusives.
* Happy Groundhog Day!
* Swarm vernissage at l’Artère
* Afropop vernissage at Espace Mushagalusa
* Le Night Market debuts at Watts
* Brad Barr and Sarah Pagé play Mardi Spaghetti
* Brookyln alt-R&B trio Wet plays Bar le Ritz PDB
It’s not all appliances, electronics and apparel made in Bangladesh. Here’s what Montreal record, bike and homegrown clothing shops are offering this weekend.
* Pre-Xmas edition of the OldWIG vintage sale at Bain Mathieu
* Myriam Gendron and Panachrome perform at Phonopolis
* Le Cinéclub / The Film Society screen Alain Resnais’s Last Year at Marienbad
* The RIDM festival closes with a film about Japanese animation master Hayao Miyazaki
* Burgundy Lion hosts its fourth annual Movember Tender-Off
Misery Loves Co boosts new Montreal bands and a nearly forgotten music format.
Three local shops brought bands and DJs in to entertain the vinyl-loving crowds for Record Store Day (April 19). Cindy Lopez captured the action.
A list of participating local stores and their opening hours, discounts & in-store performances.