Our highlights of the city’s biggest art party of the year.
Artist, organizer, educator and “tactical misuser” Nick Briz is only one of the speakers at Phi X IAM, which will explore the impact of technology in regards to the consumption and production of art and culture.
* First Peoples’ House pow-wow
* Gothfest at Katacombes
* La Force plays Phi Centre
* Red Bull Music Academy presents Arbutus Records 10th anniversary
* Les BOF! and Head Henchmen at Quai des Brumes
* Joris Voorn and Riico play l’Astral
* RibFest in Pierrefonds
* Work and play in old metro cars at Station F-MR
* Sidewalk sale kicks off on the Main
* Phantom Kino Ballett at Phi Centre
* Purple Disco Machine at Flyin
Academics, chefs and food writers discuss everything you ever wanted to know about corn as part of YUL EAT.
* Live music and DJs, sculpture, artisan market and food at Le bruit des arbres festival
* Food, drink, fashion and traditional music at the Ukrainian Festival
* Confabulation begins with “Awakenings” at the Phi Centre
* Let’s Eat Grandma with Boniface and Odette Hartman at Bar le Ritz
* Tour de Manège DJ collective at Maison 2109
* Homegrown.Union afterhours event with anabasine, Daura and others
Confabulation Montreal creator Matt Goldberg holds court on stories, storytelling and why people’s experiences matter.
*Tuesday night life drawing at Gallery Parfois
*14th edition of Dynamic MTL
*Grün Wasser, Xarah Dion, Solar Apex and Dregqueen at Casa
*MainLine Gallery goodbye party
We spoke to event panelist Dr. Deborah Harris, co-author of Taking the Heat: Women Chefs and Gender Inequality in the Professional Kitchen.
The Plateau venue reopens this week PLUS a ton of great gigs over the next seven days.