We spoke to Athena Holmes about their Afrofuturist alter-ego and the big show coming up this weekend.
The world-premiere exhibition This Light Never Goes Out: Political Cartoons by Jim Carrey opened in Montreal yesterday.
Our highlights of the city’s biggest art party of the year.
Artist, organizer, educator and “tactical misuser” Nick Briz is only one of the speakers at Phi X IAM, which will explore the impact of technology in regards to the consumption and production of art and culture.
* First Peoples’ House pow-wow
* Gothfest at Katacombes
* La Force plays Phi Centre
* Red Bull Music Academy presents Arbutus Records 10th anniversary
* Les BOF! and Head Henchmen at Quai des Brumes
* Joris Voorn and Riico play l’Astral
* RibFest in Pierrefonds
* Work and play in old metro cars at Station F-MR
* Sidewalk sale kicks off on the Main
* Phantom Kino Ballett at Phi Centre
* Purple Disco Machine at Flyin
Academics, chefs and food writers discuss everything you ever wanted to know about corn as part of YUL EAT.
* Live music and DJs, sculpture, artisan market and food at Le bruit des arbres festival
* Food, drink, fashion and traditional music at the Ukrainian Festival
* Confabulation begins with “Awakenings” at the Phi Centre
* Let’s Eat Grandma with Boniface and Odette Hartman at Bar le Ritz
* Tour de Manège DJ collective at Maison 2109
* Homegrown.Union afterhours event with anabasine, Daura and others
Confabulation Montreal creator Matt Goldberg holds court on stories, storytelling and why people’s experiences matter.
*Tuesday night life drawing at Gallery Parfois
*14th edition of Dynamic MTL
*Grün Wasser, Xarah Dion, Solar Apex and Dregqueen at Casa
*MainLine Gallery goodbye party