Our top picks as the festival kicks into high gear.
* THENK U Designer Flea Market
* Jimmy Kuo at Finka Café
* Journée de la Visibilité Lesbienne
* Asquith at Newspeak
* Head & Hands fundraiser at Turbo Haus
* Film from Stromae’s Montreal shows at the Corona
* NYC artist Taryn Simon speaks at the MAC
* Beatles tribute fundraiser for Dans la Rue
* Launch party for Concordia mag Soliloquies at la Vitrola
* Parquet Courts play la Sala Rossa
* Nas: Time Is Illmatic documentary & hip hop discussion at the Phi Centre
* One-man sci-fi play We Are Not Alone begins at the Segal Centre
* Last chance to catch Paul Van Dyck’s The Nisei & the Narnauks at the MAI
* Cinéma du Parc screens the Oscars live (free)
* Halifax rapper Ghettosocks & a stack of openers play the Blue Dog Motel
Persephone Productions’ The Nisei and the Narnauks is a survival story that bridges Japanese-Canadian and First Nations cultures.
Cult MTL talks to Paul Van Dyck about Oroonoko, his adaptation of Aphra Behn’s classic novel about slavery that brings the author and spy into the spotlight.