New music, reviews of an opera and an art exhibition and an obituary of a beloved artist.
Godspeed You! Black Emperor concert review, a night at the opera, words on The Irishman and tracks by Underworld and Rebecca Foon.
Our review of the Quebec filmmaker’s production of Georges Bizet’s classic opera.
* Amy Schissel vernissage at Patrick Mikhail Gallery
* Wagner’s Rheingold by Opéra de Montréal
* Stiff Little Fingers at les Foufs
* RIDM: The Gospel of Eureka
* Barfly 22nd anniversary
* Mec Plus Ultra 10th anniversary
* Zero Waste Week at Concordia
* Vintage Stories wine event at Phi Centre
* “Maria par Cellas” at Cinéma du Musée
* Cinema Politica: You Are On Indian Land and Ôtênaw
* Ex-Shaman at Cinéma du Parc
Chris D’Elia vs. Eminem, the death of Auto-Tune, Rigoletto and more.
* Montreal Opera youth committee cocktail for Rigoletto
* Scripts for a New World CCA vernissage
* Paul McCartney at the Bell Centre
* Father Murphy, Non Lieu and The Marquis play Casa del Popolo
* Capablanca and Bernardino Femminielli at Datcha
Jack and Jackie’s private lives and surreal reveries get the grand musical treatment.
The composer/saxophonist breathes new life into a contemporary classical opus.
Mike Saturday and Jonah Campbell got all dressed up and wasted before taking in Manon at the Opéra de Montréal. Here’s what happened, with photos by Owain Harris.