Vans Park Series showcased the driving force behind skateboarding: support, community, equality and pure fun.
Photos and words from the Olympic Stadium as the MLS finals begin and Drogba kicks his final ball for Montreal.
With the team’s impressive new acquisitions supporting star player Didier Drogba, 2016 could be the year soccer goes big in this city.
Sepp Blatter, fake turf, overpriced beer — FIFA is just a dirty organization. But the Beautiful Game is growing up, and it even makes Montreal’s monster stadium look good.
* The FIFA Women’s World Cup
* Off Mondial de la Bière at Cheval Blanc
* HB magazine erotica issue launch at Formats
* Galerie Fringe vernissage at the MAI
* Suoni per il Popolo screens Eccentric Eclectic
* Prends ça court presents short films at Place de la Paix
* Toronto Blue Jays vs. the Cincinnati Reds at the Olympic Stadium
* Roller derby at the Taz with the Montreal Sexpos vs. les Duchesses de Québec
* Twin Shadow plays Café Campus
* Shash’U EP launch at le Belmont
* Lisbon Lux Records / French Horn Rebellion aftershow party at Bar Felix
* Shoegayz, LGBT dance party (with guitars)
A wave of bittersweet nostalgia swept the crowds in our decaying stadium this weekend.
Can a Major League Baseball team survive in Montreal? Some people think so.
* Final day of Otakuthon
* Big-O Rebirth celebration
* Montreal Pride Parade
* Festival d’art érotique opening party
* John Hughes double feature at Le Cagibi
* Qompilation Qouleur launch party
Almost two years after its historic move, the natural concrete pipe at the Big O will be skated again this weekend.