Our Music Team’s annual guide to great non-headlining acts playing the mega fest this year + the best pre-parties and afterparties.
* Chez Boris After Dark & skateboard art vernissage
* Shopsports: Anatomy of a Sneaker Store at Artgang
* Art Battle at Matahari Loft
* The Narcicyst & friends play a refugee benefit show at Place des Arts
* Elephant Stone plays Turbo Haus
* Moto Made party at Blue Dog with Noo-Bap, RYAN Playground & more
* Recommendations for the last day of Festival du nouveau cinéma
* Final performance of Blue/Orange at MAI
* Premiere of Moto Made’s show on Green Room Radio
* #boxtape art installation/dance performance at Griffintown’s Paper Factory
* Danzig plays Metropolis
* Montreal Burlesque Festival wraps with Gentlemen Prefer Billy at the Wiggle Room
* The International Ethnographic Film Festival of Quebec begins
* Our Book & the Authors launch an EP with a two-part free show
* Soil Not Oil author Dr. Vandana Shiva speaks at Concordia
* Burlesque, baked goods & bingo at the Wiggle Room with Miss Ginger
* Le Cypher hip hop/soul jam and party with Urban Science, the Liquor Store & more
* GrandBuda and Noo-Bap spin at Datcha
Drake vs. Kanye + all the rap shows and dance parties fit to print (and even some that aren’t, because that guy should be in jail, maybe).
* 3 novel shopping options
* Museum Day!
* Piknic Électronik
* Martin Scorsese Presents: Masterpieces of Polish Cinema
* Blue Dog’s Chuurch turns 4
Erik Leduc, 19, has been making and bending waves in Montreal as Noo-Bap, and this Sunday, the laptop prodigy makes his first trip to Piknic Électronik.
Supplementing the cover story in our new print issue, our hip hop columnist offers more insight into the stellar sonic aesthetic that’s grown up in local clubs and home studios in recent years, with a stack of links to hear the laser-light-sound for yourself. PLUS the week in must-see shows and DJ nights.