Our critic calls Blackout, which explores the Concordia Computer Riots, “an ambitious portrait of fury” and a “triumphant work of art.”
We spoke to the producer, director and star of Nelly, an unconventional take on the unconventional life of Nelly Arcan.
We spoke to the National Theatre School graduate about her challenging film debut (Endorphine), and the high-profile follow-up role to come.
* Peace Park skate jam and film screening
* The Phi Centre screens Jauja, starring Viggo Mortensen
* ’90s nostalgia night at the Bell Centre
* Ladies & Gentlemen comedy night at Shäika Café
* The Barr Brothers play the Jazz Fest
* Illa J plays the Jazz Fest
You’ll be sick of them by Labour Day, but right now, nothing will get the heart racing faster than a sweaty summer fling. Of course, I’m referring to summer jams: those irresistible earworms that burrow their way into your skull, start to percolate after a sangria or two, and won’t leave until it’s time to go back to school.