NON Worldwide’s Chino Amobi and Dog Food Music Group’s Yves Tumor bring revolutionary and critical electronic music to Montreal.
* Nicki Minaj plays the Bell Centre with Meek Mill & more
* Présence Autochtone begins with a screening of Circus Without Borders
* Cinema Out of the Box screens 1960 Japanese film Good for Nothing
* Nancy Pants, Look Vibrant and Pop Goes play the Rialto
* Mykki Blanco headlines an Osheaga pre-party at Newspeak
* Zoofest presents The Real Killaz of Comedy
* Hot Sluts and Poutine at BBAM! Gallery
* Syngja and Pawa Up First play Pop Lafontaine
* Mykki Blanco at PHI Centre
* Smutty comedy at Zoofest
* Alex Niggemann and Thomas Von Party at Peopl.
Help the Extremities get their music back. PLUS the important rappers, R&B singers and club nights you need to know about this week.
Petite Mort, a new magazine focusing on arts and commentary, launches its first issue this week.
The new record by experimental guitarist Loren “MazzaCane” Connors and his wife, vocalist Suzanne Langille, PLUS a track by Baltimore duo Dungeonesse and a kinky video by Mykki Blanco.
The Music Team assesses the many hits and occasional misses of the M for Montreal music festival’s weekend shows + a photo gallery by Cindy Lopez
A request for additional information via email unfortunately fell on deaf ears, so there isn’t much intel I can relay to you concerning this mysterious new local outfit, but based on the six songs that comprise their first extended play, Pyongyang are nevertheless a band worth surveying.