Rest in Power local rap/club scene-builder Sharon McGoogan. PLUS this week’s best DJ nights & rap shows + Cult MTL‘s Christmas radio special.
* One-night-only Centipede street art show
* Metatron launches five new books at Drawn & Quarterly
* Buffalo Juggalos screens at RIDM
* 19 shows at the M for Montreal music fest — see our top 3
* Music Is My Sanctuary’s U.K. garage night at le Bleury
* Yoga and crossfit at the Marché des Possibles
* Heavy Montreal!
* Pervers/Cité’s trans* rights march
* Music Is My Sanctuary’s DJ Lexis at Piknic
* Breakdance, graff & skateboarding at Under Pressure
* Afrika Bambaataa headlines free UP wrap party at Foufs
We spoke to DJ Lexis, the founder of the influential MIMS blog and the 24 Hours of Vinyl webcast, ahead of Sunday’s anniversary celebration.
We spoke to the owners of a downtown spot that strives to offer the perfect club experience.
* Popolo Press studio sale
* Another Day, Another Time at Cinéma du Parc
* Passovah Productions’ Holiday Jam
* Music Is My Sanctuary with DJ Lexis
* Kannibalen at le Belmont
How one local band is fighting back after police shut down their Tuesday residency at a St-Laurent club. PLUS: The coming week’s top hip hop events.
* Montreal Stop Motion Film Festival
* Marigold Santos vernissage
* Phenomena Festival
* No More Radio live podcast
* Music Is My Sanctuary DJs at Stereo
Flatbush Zombies, Artbeat 9 and more shows and DJ nights you need to know about
* La fille de nulle part at the PHI Centre
* The Phantom of the Opera screens with live music
* VIVA! Art Action continues
* Sunfields, Dust Adam Dust & the Walls Are Blonde at Cagibi
* Music Is My Sanctuary’s 6th Anniversary party
* Mod Club at the Wiggle Room