The ISM Hexadome at the MAC is technologically novel, but falls prey to the pitfalls of immersive art.
* MAC Nocturne
* Art Battle MTL at La Shop
* Jim Beam Talent Search at Sala Rossa
* Under Black Helmet at Katacombes
* Blue Hawai at Datcha
* Raw Moments/Anoma afterhours
* MAC Nocturne
* Concordia Greenhouse introduction to horticulture
* Uniqlo pop-up
* 90s video dance party at Theatre Sainte Catherine
* Mountain Dust at Turbo Haüs
* Brodinski at Newspeak
* Homegrown Harvest: Ciel
* Concordia Co-op Bookstore’s Alternative Media Fair
* Cercle du MACM pre-vernissage for Rosefeldt and Sullivan expos
* Turbo Haüs grand opening
* Safia Nolin and la Force at Théâtre Outremont
* Alternadrag night at Bar le Ritz
Musical director Li’l Andy on putting together a band to salute a legend, and what it’s like inside the tower of song.
We checked out Flux, a stunning exhibition at the MAC covering 15 years of work by Montreal-born artist David Altmejd.
The most intriguing, eye-catching works at the MAC for Montreal’s art-scene-dominating event, la Biennale.
The Biennale is a multidisciplinary festival that’s occupying 15 local venues through Jan. 4. Here’s what you need to know.
* The Grace of a Gesture at the MAC
* Bombino broadcast Live From Breakglass
* Tyler the Creator at Metropolis
* Outdoor screening of MCA’s Gunnin’ for That #1 Spot
* Hundred Waters at Il Motore
Fusing hip hop, skate and bike culture, politics and Aboriginal aesthetics, Beat Nation is smart, timely and totally compelling.