Some questionable choices were made in the creation and presentation of Francis Alÿs’s exhibition of videos at the MAC.
The ISM Hexadome at the MAC is technologically novel, but falls prey to the pitfalls of immersive art.
* MAC Nocturne
* Art Battle MTL at La Shop
* Jim Beam Talent Search at Sala Rossa
* Under Black Helmet at Katacombes
* Blue Hawai at Datcha
* Raw Moments/Anoma afterhours
* MAC Nocturne
* Concordia Greenhouse introduction to horticulture
* Uniqlo pop-up
* 90s video dance party at Theatre Sainte Catherine
* Mountain Dust at Turbo Haüs
* Brodinski at Newspeak
* Homegrown Harvest: Ciel
* Concordia Co-op Bookstore’s Alternative Media Fair
* Cercle du MACM pre-vernissage for Rosefeldt and Sullivan expos
* Turbo Haüs grand opening
* Safia Nolin and la Force at Théâtre Outremont
* Alternadrag night at Bar le Ritz
Musical director Li’l Andy on putting together a band to salute a legend, and what it’s like inside the tower of song.
We checked out Flux, a stunning exhibition at the MAC covering 15 years of work by Montreal-born artist David Altmejd.
The most intriguing, eye-catching works at the MAC for Montreal’s art-scene-dominating event, la Biennale.
The Biennale is a multidisciplinary festival that’s occupying 15 local venues through Jan. 4. Here’s what you need to know.
* The Grace of a Gesture at the MAC
* Bombino broadcast Live From Breakglass
* Tyler the Creator at Metropolis
* Outdoor screening of MCA’s Gunnin’ for That #1 Spot
* Hundred Waters at Il Motore