This week, four new plays open in theatres around town, plus the annual MPROV fest offers nightly improv comedy.
The big theatres just announced their 2012/13 season calendars, but there’s still lots to see this week in Montreal theatre.
Clive Barker’s The History of the Devil takes the stage at Fantasia, Raise the Stakes theatre explores Lunduntown and Montreal Improv Theatre celebrates its Impro-Niversary.
* Read the Rantline™!
* Cinema Politica & RIDM present The Carbon Rush
* Signal and Véhicule Press launch three books
* Local improv superstars kick your ass
* Retro striptease with Acme burlesque
* Win tickets to Statue Park, the Darcys or RNDM
* Ladyhawke resurrect ’80s power pop
* ’40s-style glam is in effect at the Vintage Hair & Makeup workshop
* Dominique Pétrin’s mind-melting art
* Improv smackdown
* A Clockwork Orange with original droog Malcolm McDowell
* Spike plays guitar!
* Cult parties! And drinks! Again!
* Read the Rant Line™!
* Let the Bullets Fly at Ciné-Asie
* Walk Away Renée at Excentris
* Dragonslayer as part of Skate or Die series
* Montreal Improv takes you to edge of the city
* Pressure Drop at Casa
* CJLO guest DJs at Salon Officiel
* Skateboarding contest Rookie of the Year
* Jennifer Lynch presents Chained at Fantasia
* Indie/punk practitioners at Brasserie Beaubien
* Osheaga afterparty at Panda
* Sunday night improv