The Museum of Fine Arts’ About Face features portraiture by Cindy Sherman, Laurie Simmons and Rachel Harrison.
Couturissime is an enormous collection of work by the legendary French designer.
Artist Jeremy Shaw’s Liminals explores community, technology and the notion of transcendence.
* RibFest in Pierrefonds
* Work and play in old metro cars at Station F-MR
* Sidewalk sale kicks off on the Main
* Phantom Kino Ballett at Phi Centre
* Purple Disco Machine at Flyin
*Liminals: A Para-fiction of Transcendence art exhibition
*Lez Spread the Word at Fitzroy
*Phenomena festival off-season program
*Cam Maclean launches his solo record with Blue Material, Margo
*Montreal Museum of Fine Arts hosts free public party with Pierre Kwenders
*12th edition of Squad Laughs comedy show
*Drone and Draw at NDQ
*The Tins play la Vitrola with Beatrice Keeler and Guidestones
*The Fine Print launch party
A Vice photojournalism exhibit at Phi Centre, visual/performance art at Just for Laughs + more art events & complete gallery and museum listings.
Guided tours, artist talks, NYC punk scene photos and more in the arts scene this week.
This week: a street art bike tour, extreme painting vernissage, Hot Sluts & Poutine finissage, Shona sculpture in Beaconsfield and the best art-related app ever.
* Irreverend James at high noon
* Fantasia screens the sleazy Turn Me On, Goddammit!
* Tom Wesselmann at the MMFA
* Montreal Art Centre’s first anniversary vernisssage
* Apartment 5 plays Bily Kun