The best of the annual fest PLUS the rest of the top gigs of the week.
Producer Steve Albini take Ottawa’s (already great) Metz to the next level.
Pack some earplugs for these gigs of the week.
* 2015 Electronic Sports World Cup finals
* Festival des Bières de Laval begins
* Alaclair Ensemble free show + Artgang vernissage
* Metz and USA out of Vietnam play the Piccolo Rialto
* Mocky plays Resonance with Kara-Lis Coverdale
* Nuits d’Afrique Sound System at la Sala Rossa
* more art events, heavy shows & dance parties
See a full weekend of Pop Montreal, care of photographer Cindy Lopez.
* Puces Pop
* Pop Montreal record fair
* Jacques Tati-o-thon at Parc
* Pub l’Île Noire Jive-O-Thon
* Beatles secretary doc at PHI Centre
* Moonface at Ukrainian Federation
* METZ & “Evan Dubinsky as the DJ”
Hard-working Ontario grunge-punks METZ talk Nirvana, suburban angst, Toronto bands and gear theft, as they piss acid rain all over skyscrapers they just kicked over.
* General assembly at Café Artère
* Scarlet Road at Cinema Politica
* Mullholland Drive in 35mm at Parc
* Metz, the Soupcans and Modern Primitive at Sala
* You Want It, You Got It! at Notre Dame des Quilles
* Read the Rantline™!
* ATSA’s Soirée Rouge
* Love some balls for Movember
* A trio of LGBT films at Image+Nation
* United in Anger screening and lecture
* East End Radicals launch first record on Stomp
* BookThug launches experimental prose journal
* Help build a shelter for kids in Malawi by laughing
* TO punks Metz at Il Motore
* A local indie triad c/o Passovah at Casa
Taking in the masterful doom/drone/psych of Toronto/Berlin band Nadja (in bulk!) plus pointers to the week’s best heavy shows that will still pale in comparison to last night’s Om gig.