Check out pics of the complete S/S 14 collections unveiled at Montreal Fashion Week, plus a report from behind the scenes.
PHOTO GALLERY: Here’s what fashion wants you to look next year, from the runways of Montreal Fashion Week.
* Join Cult MTL STRT
* Montreal Fashion Week kicks off
* François VanSchön’s winter collection at Pub l’Île Noire
* Depeche Mode at the Bell Centre with Bat for Lashes
* Poetry at Kafein
* The Ladies & Gentlemen Comedy Show at Shäika Café
* Italian crime-flick double feature
* Old-school video game party
* Montreal Fashion Week launches
* Protest-art documentary screening
* La Pirogue premiere
* Buke and Gase at Il Motore
Montreal Fashion Week kicked off with an exhibit and slide show commemorating Marie Saint Pierre’s 25 years of design. Saint Pierre was present in the audience, along with fellow designers such as Denis Gagnon and Tavan & Mitto. For the exhibition, Marie Saint Pierre used one live mannequin and two plastic ones.
What’s in store for this year’s edition of Montreal Fashion Week: art exhibits, haute runway shows and champers and shopping galore at Fashion’s Night Out. Today through Sunday, Sept. 8 marks the 23rd edition of Montreal Fashion Week. Most of the festival’s programming takes place at Arsenal, a former Old Port shipyard repurposed as an impressive new gallery and exhibition space.