In which Infinithéâtre and McGill’s English Department present Shakespeare’s sonnets presented like you’ve probably never seen them before.
* McGill music-business mixer
* Habs charity event Droit au But
* Cinema Politica’s Forbidden Love screening/book launch
* Carrie Brownstein book launch at the Rialto
* Novarumori live homage to Gavin Bryars at la Sala Rossa
We spoke to one of the festival organizers, featuring performances by rap legends, talks by leading academics and more.
* The Atlantic’s Ta-Nehisi Coates speaks about race and reparations at McGill
* Cheap Thrillz, Mad Skillz vernissage at Café l’Artiste Affamé
* Art Matters festival opening party with live music & more
* San Francisco indie/psych act Moon Duo plays Bar le Ritz PDB
* Party & Radical Queer Semaine fundraiser at Cabaret Playhouse
* Fokus Film Festival at Cinéma du Parc
* Christina Julien pop-up shop at Espace Pop
* Freights at FIFA
* Master of Masters My Master play Casa
* Molly Fuck at Playhouse
90.3FM marks a quarter century — a milestone for McGill, for Montreal, for radio and for new listeners around the world.
Players’ Theatre’s production of Tennessee Williams’ The Glass Menagerie is a tightly rehearsed and powerfully acted performance of a famously difficult play.
The students are back, and even the ones wearing red squares have them pinned to frat-approved “puke suits” or Bedazzled sweatpants. Here are the five worst offenders.