Winter be damned. Local bands and touring troubadors are giving us plenty of reasons to get out and party.
Heroes of punk, metal, psych, stoner rock and darkened disco are setting up at venues near you.
Sick shows happening away from the festival grounds this weekend, including the comeback of beloved Montreal indie rockers.
Say goodbye to Netflix — local heaviosity will crush you and the kings of punk and godfathers of metal are coming to town.
* Valentine’s Day lingerie studio sale
* Jenny Schade retrossage at Matahari Loft
* The OBGMs play Skull Central
* The Soft Moon play la Sala Rossa
* David Bowie Tribute Burlesque at the Wiggle Room
* Love Cuts dance party with DJs Nico Sé, Gayance & more
Ring it in right.
* Puces des Neiges
* Discovering Nothing group photography vernissage
* Hetain Patel’s American Boy at the MAI
* New Mile End venue Mademoiselle launches
* Bonsound Xmas party
* Swing Easy party at Matahari Loft
* Chez Boris After Dark & skateboard art vernissage
* Shopsports: Anatomy of a Sneaker Store at Artgang
* Art Battle at Matahari Loft
* The Narcicyst & friends play a refugee benefit show at Place des Arts
* Elephant Stone plays Turbo Haus
* Moto Made party at Blue Dog with Noo-Bap, RYAN Playground & more
Montreal Psych Fest, Component One industrial/noise fest, Wings of Metal & the POP behemoth right around the corner.
* Fashion Fest: The September Issue shopping & cocktail event
* MainLine Theatre’s fall programming launch
* Vélo Party bike ride
* Clay and Friends play Matahari Loft
* The Fleshtones play Divan Orange
* French singer/multi-instrumentalist Jeanne Added plays the Phi Centre