Montreal may be in the midst of cabin-fever season but here are some reasons to get out.
* ELEKTRA Fest kicks off
* Grill Saint-Laurent at Mural
* Mardi Spaghetti marathon at Suoni per il Popolo
* Make Drinking Sad Again at Turbo Haüs
* Afrodizz at Quai des Brumes
* Milieux Institute AI talks
* University of the Street Café talk on inclusion
* Story Party at Théâtre Sainte-Catherine
* Mardi Spaghetti at Casa
* Mutual Benefit at Bar le Ritz
The best benefit shows in town PLUS more great gigs this week.
* Happy Groundhog Day!
* Swarm vernissage at l’Artère
* Afropop vernissage at Espace Mushagalusa
* Le Night Market debuts at Watts
* Brad Barr and Sarah Pagé play Mardi Spaghetti
* Brookyln alt-R&B trio Wet plays Bar le Ritz PDB
Revolution Fest, CKUT’s Total Eclipse, an early Halloween party, a fundraiser for two bands whose jam space burnt down & more rawk, punk, metal and experimental shows.
Misery Loves Co boosts new Montreal bands and a nearly forgotten music format.
Assessing local records by Wake Island and Crabe ahead of their launches this week, PLUS even more shows and parties on the plate, including Mardi Spaghetti, Rock Against Racism, Katie Moore, NDQ’s first anniversary and accompanist to the stars Ken Stringfellow.
Shake your motherlovin’ tailfeather to the sound and sight of Ike & Tina: On the Road 1971-72, a newly released film from MVD Entertainment, shot in the soul power couple’s heyday by Bob Gruen. Also, the week in heavy shows and holiday parties.
A feast of Dutch free improv led by Mark Lotz and Meinrad Kneer, a new track by M.I.A. and a little L.A. neon noir care of Cold Showers.