Two months of weekend programming by POP Montreal & friends brings music, art, food, drink & physical activity to the uptown green space. See details here.
* Marché des Possibles closing party/show
* Last day for the Jake & Dinos Chapman exhibit at DHC/Art
* Random Recipe free show at Mont-Royal metro
* U.K. electro/krautock band Fujiya & Miyagi at la Vitrola
* Indie rapper Sole at Brasserie Beaubien
* Omnivorous culinary party at SAT
* Sarah Polley’s Stories We Tell screens at the Marché des Possibles
* Pouzza presents poutine & punk rock at Frite Alors
* Intensely Uncomfortable Live screening/launch party at Théâtre Ste-Catherine
* Hua Li, Phil Sparkz & Compton Chic copresented by Passovah & Cousins
* Frenche ou meurs, danse ou crève kiss & dance party at le Belmont
* Yoga and crossfit at the Marché des Possibles
* Heavy Montreal!
* Pervers/Cité’s trans* rights march
* Music Is My Sanctuary’s DJ Lexis at Piknic
* Breakdance, graff & skateboarding at Under Pressure
* Afrika Bambaataa headlines free UP wrap party at Foufs
Day one of Mile End’s new open-air market was kind of magical. Check out these photos by Lisa Sproull.
Well, hopefully. PLUS stray animals, straying boroughs, baseball, Mile End kicks & more in our news round-up.
* Ricardo Cavolo/MURAL fest pop-up sale at Station 16
* Mile End’s Marché des Possibles opening party
* Socalled & We Are Wolves play Plaza St-Hubert
* Just for Laughs presents The Nasty Show at Club Soda
* Opening weekend party at Luwan
We spoke to the curator of the Marché des Possibles, bringing free entertainment and art & food vendors to the ‘hood in July.