We spoke to festival founder Amy Blackmore about affording emerging dancers and choreographers more opportunities to move.
Our highlights of the city’s biggest art party of the year.
* Cosmovision Records launch
* Ellen Cantor’s Pinochet Porn at CCA
* Festival de la bête noire
* Radio Elvis at MTELUS
* Victory Chimes at l’Escogriffe
Local fave DeAnne Smith is back in town and headlining DeAnarchy: a hilarious hootenanny you’d do well not to miss.
So grateful to no longer be a teen, Oren Safdie delves into sex, lies and high school in latest work, Gratitude.
Acts to Grind Theatre makes an interesting and bold choice to stage David Mamet’s masterwork at a time where Mamet might be the least relevant he’s ever been.
* Braderie de la Mode Québécoise
* Montreal Art Book Fair
* Laura Bari’s “Primas” at Cinéma Moderne
* Rocky Horry at MainLine
* Mitski plays Club Soda
MainLine Theatre’s wild and lively musical version of Richard O’Brien’s The Rocky Horror Show opens tonight!
* Mapp le Mile End
* 4’33” in Bagdad encore at Mainline Theatre
* Vox Sambou album launch at le Ministère
* Mr. Oizo plays the SAT
* New wave night at NDQ
* Debbie Doe and Filthy Blue at le Ritz
* Weinplatz at Alexandraplatz with Winneburger
* David Byrne plays Bell Centre
* Interpol at Olympia
* Montreal Festival of Clowns at MainLine Theatre
* Edible insects workshop at Centrale Culinaire for YUL Eats