Curator/artistic director Michael Toppings on the return of the Taking Place series and the resurgence of an art form.
Our review of Jaamil Olawale Kosoko’s Séancers.
Interdisciplinary artist Mich Cota discusses Wàsakozi, dance, and how it is a beautiful experience to walk through her day.
An interview with the dancer/choreographer, working at four local venues this fall through next spring.
A review of Tableau d’Hote Theatre’s new production of a powerful story by Joan MacLeod.
* Wendy’s Revenge lecture-performance by Walter Scott
* Tracking or Toward the Discovery of Our World or Untitled vernissage at Articule
* New theatre company Playshed presents Cock at the MAI
* The Sheepdogs play the Corona
* The Holds EP launch at O Patro Vys
* Automelodi plays Casa del Popolo
PlayShed launches at MAI this week with a production of Cock by British playwright Mike Bartlett.
* Puces des Neiges
* Discovering Nothing group photography vernissage
* Hetain Patel’s American Boy at the MAI
* New Mile End venue Mademoiselle launches
* Bonsound Xmas party
* Swing Easy party at Matahari Loft
* Recommendations for the last day of Festival du nouveau cinéma
* Final performance of Blue/Orange at MAI
* Premiere of Moto Made’s show on Green Room Radio
* #boxtape art installation/dance performance at Griffintown’s Paper Factory
* Danzig plays Metropolis
* Montreal Burlesque Festival wraps with Gentlemen Prefer Billy at the Wiggle Room
Pervers/Cité, Queer Between the Covers, Qouleur and more radical festivals, events and parties for the LGBT community this month.