Facing the Monumental addresses the state of First Nations and the worldwide rise of the right wing.
* MAC Nocturne
* Concordia Greenhouse introduction to horticulture
* Uniqlo pop-up
* 90s video dance party at Theatre Sainte Catherine
* Mountain Dust at Turbo Haüs
* Brodinski at Newspeak
* Homegrown Harvest: Ciel
Get primed for the two-month, biennial, international visual and performance art event that’s right around the corner.
It’s a stacked September for great gigs, including local post-rock legends and day one of the POP Montreal music festival.
* Film from Stromae’s Montreal shows at the Corona
* NYC artist Taryn Simon speaks at the MAC
* Beatles tribute fundraiser for Dans la Rue
* Launch party for Concordia mag Soliloquies at la Vitrola
* Parquet Courts play la Sala Rossa
Reviews of work by Patrick Bernatchez, Dana Schutz and Camille Henrot, on now at the Musée d’art contemporain.
We checked out Flux, a stunning exhibition at the MAC covering 15 years of work by Montreal-born artist David Altmejd.
* Never Less Than Marvelous vernissage at Galerie Espace
* Artist Jon Rafman in conversation with curator Mark Lanctôt at the MAC
* Hua Li and Gloze launch their Za Zhong EP at la Vitrola
* Stand-up comics Dave Waite, Dom Paré and Mike Rita at Burritoville
* Ontario rockabilly damsel Ginger St. James plays Brutopia
* ASL Singles Club presents DJs Riohv, Tony C, Project Pablo at Datcha
* The Tour de l’Île is on
* Last day of the Puces POP sale
* Robin Gorn launches her LP SoftWing at the Rialto Theatre
* Articule hosts a Newfoundland feast at Bethlehem XXX
* Drake plays the Bell Centre
* The Mutek festival wraps with a double program at the MAC
Vernissages, conferences and art parties coming at you all weekend long in Montreal’s arts scene.