The town of Sainte Thérèse, less than an hour from downtown Montreal, is going into festival mode this weekend.
CCCLX is as a solid starting point for this beatsmith’s next chapter.
The best shows we saw over the past month at the Montreal edition of RBMA.
We spoke to the Scottish producer about his record Lantern, his Montreal accomplice and that lost year.
* Local designer studio sale
* A Varning From Montreal
* La Grande dégustation
* James Blake at Metropolis
* Phèdre play Brasserie Beaubien
* Lunice at Apt. 200
* Dr. Sketchy’s Montreal
* PROGRESSION at Studio Beluga
* M for Montreal’s M ton Quartier
* James Murphy at Telus Theatre
* Trevor Barton book launch
* Guilty Pleasures at Blue Dog
Congrats, shoutouts and handshakes to the 514 rappers, producers, club DJs and electronic acts who came out on top in Cult MTL’s first-ever hyper-local readers poll. PLUS what’s up at Francofolies, the MURAL Festival, the Main’s street sale & more.
* Read the Rant Line™!
* Levi Orta’s Honour Without Courage at Darling Foundry
* The NOAH screens serial killer flick Born for Hell, aka Naked Massacre
* Le Couleur’s free EP launch at O Patro Vys
* Passwords, Silver Dapple, the People & DJ Speechless at Lambi
* Vice‘s Downtown Sound party w/ Lunice at the PHI Centre
Yes, Toronto, your mayor sucks. But guess what: so does ours.
Local listening and party options for those staying sheltered and stepping out alike, from Igloofest in the Old Port to End of the Month in Dorval, piu piu and sissy bounce at le Belmont to important comings and goings at Cabaret Underworld.