Two can’t-miss RBMA gigs + local hardcore and synth wave artists launching LPs & even more sick shows.
One of the greatest, loudest bands on the planet comes to week two of Suoni per il Popolo + more brutal assaults on your hearing.
Top picks for Pouzza Fest, the big pick of the week and more gigs than one person could possibly get to. Or could you?
Some very heavy hitters are coming to town over the week to come, beginning tonight!
Two local bands are launching EPs, one of Canada’s best live bands ever is playing and more punk, psych, power pop & synth gigs to get to.
* Hitchcock Truffaut at Cinéma du Parc
* Xmas pizza-ghetti night at Perfecto
* Foxtrott vinyl launch party at le Mal Nécessaire
* Formal Christmas mixer with tea & cocktails at Mayfair
* Xmas party with DJ crew Barely Alive & co. at le Belmont
* A talk at McGill about Egypt post-Arab Spring
* Studio Beluga vernissage & live music
* Résonance Reading Series poetry & live music
* The Weeknd plays the Bell Centre
* Trivia Tuesday at Blue Dog
* Leif Vollebekk and Harris Shper play l’Escogriffe
* Austin art scene short-film program curated by Jonathan Demme at Phi Centre
* Phenomena Festival election party at la Sala Rossa
* Election parties at Quai des Brumes and l’Escogriffe
* Cold War Kids play Théâtre Corona Virgin Mobile
* There’s Something Funny Going On stand-up night, election edition
The top rock, punk, metal and weird pop shows of the week, from NYC legends to the heaviest band in Canada.
Montreal Psych Fest, Component One industrial/noise fest, Wings of Metal & the POP behemoth right around the corner.