The Montreal singer-songwriter spoke to us about his latest album and working on Leonard Cohen’s Thanks for the Dance.
* Québec provincial election day
* East Coast Coffee Madness
* Leornard Cohen tribute at Quai des Brumes
* Watch election at MTL Resto + Bar
* 88rising showcase at MTelus
A Christmas Eve miracle.
We spoke to artist Kevin Ledo about his largest work to date
An interview with the contemporary dancer and choreographer about her live career retrospective.
Our take on You Want It Darker, feat. an interview with one of Cohen’s collaborators.
Don Owen’s 1967 NFB production is a real time capsule, featuring a performance by Leonard Cohen, Ste-Catherine Street at its peak and the shiny new metro system.
Our take on Maxime Giroux’s very Mile End tale & more films screening today/tomorrow at the Festival du nouveau cinéma.
* Read the Rant Line™!
* Betina Lou and la Raffinerie pop-up shop at Espace POP
* The Ernie Game screens at Peut-être Vintage
* Canadian short films Terre Promise at Cinema Excentris
* FTA presents Ganesh vs. the Third Reich by Back to Back troupe
* Andy Stott, Martyn, Deadbeat, Jamie Lidell & more at MUTEK
Danish troupe Granhøj Dans’s excellent Dance Me to the End ON/OFF Love breathes new life into Cohen’s songbook, combining dance, theatre and a whole lot of mannequin heads to teach lessons about love.