Some truly stellar hardcore, punk, metal, noise, weird synth and balls-out rock gigs are happening in Montreal.
* Camping Deconstructed at Arsenal Gallery’s Cultural Tuesdays
* CKUT’s Free City Radio hosts a panel on gentrification, artists & activists at la Passe
* Fwonte EP launch at le Belmont
* Memory: Program #1 (10 short films) at Phi Centre
* Gaymer Zone hosts a game night at barcadeMTL
* A Place to Bury Strangers plays la Sala Rossa
See it, hear it, believe it. These are the best heavy shows in Montreal over the next week.
* Two Montreal films screening at Cinema Excentris
* The Howl Arts Festival begins with a film screening at la Passe
* University of the Streets Café presents a talk about Men and Feminism
* The Suicide Girls Blackheart Burlesque at la Tulipe
* The Ripcordz headline a 420 punk show at Death House
* Cinema Politica screens Anticosti: The Hunt for Extreme Oil
* Bryan Adams’ Reckless tour comes to the Bell Centre
* Howl! arts collective fundraiser at la Passe
* There’s Something Funny Going On stand-up comedy showcase
* Inherent Vice!
* Panel on cultural diversity in Montreal’s anglo art scene at MAI
* Experimental jazz trio Say Spirit launch Heartsong at la Passe
* Metal legends Mayhem play Club Soda with Watain and Revenge